MOST COMMON QUESTIONS
Here is a list of the most common questions about the Skinny60® 60-Day Reset.
If you don't find an answer to your question here, please reach out to us via the Contact Form and we will respond promptly.
If you are experiencing serious discomfort or health problems while participating in the program, please reach out to us via the Contact Form, and consult with your doctor or healthcare practitioner immediately.
Table of Contents
- Why is the program 60 days?
- How much weight will to lose?
- What kinds of recipes are included?
- How long will the food prep take?
- How much will the groceries cost?
- Do I have to buy organic ingredients?
- Will I be hungry?
- Will I get enough protein?
- Can I consume protein powder?
- Can I participate with food allergies?
- Are the recipes FODMAP-friendly?
- Can I eat out and travel?
- Can I drink coffee and tea?
- Can I drink alcohol?
- Do I need to consult with my doctor?
- Can I participate if I have a medical condition?
- Can I participate while I’m pregnant or nursing?
- Do I have to take the supplements?
- What do I do if I’m not losing weight?
- What if I get sick during the program?
- Do I have to exercise?
- Can I continue my regular workout routine?
- How often do I weigh myself?
The two main reasons why you need 60 Days is to:
- To Improve Your Gut Health with a Digestive Tune Up. You cannot achieve better health and weight management without better digestion. A true digestive tune up takes between 4 to 6 weeks. During the Skinny60®, you will go through two hormonal cycles. You need this time to reset and restore. "You Are What You Eat" is a great catch phrase. But, more accurately, "You are what you digest and absorb." When you improve your digestion, you absorb the nutrients you need for better health with the quality foods on our menu, our recommended dietary supplements, and exercise.
- To Rest Your Habits. It takes about 30 days to understand and let go of your former habits, and then 21 to 30 days to build the new practices into healthy habits that will help you achieve sustained weight loss.
Factors like diet, age, gender, body size, muscle mass, genes, hormones, environment, drugs, and physical activity influence metabolism. Base metabolic rate (BMR) measures energy use at rest; and above-base metabolic rates vary with activity and stress.
Our healthy meal plan, in conjunction with regular exercise, is an effective way to help regulate metabolism and lose weight. But, how much weight you will lose on the program will vary. Having said that, on average, previous participants have lost between 10 to 48 pounds. Listen to our testimonials.
The meal plan includes recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as snacks and beverages (hot and cold). All of the recipes are plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free, and ingredients are combined for optimal digestion.
You then have the option to supplement the recipes with high quality animal protein from our approved list.
The recipes low in carbs (you can choose to go grain-free), and are suitable for those following ketogenic, paleo, and diabetic guidelines.
On average, it takes about 2 hours per day to make the meals and snacks; and 3 to 4 hours on the prep day to get ready for the next week.
Most recipes take between 20 and 30 minutes to prep or assemble. You will often be eating leftovers for lunch to make prep easier. There are a handful of recipes that take 1 hour. But, you will make them once, and freeze portions for future weeks.
So, your food prep will decrease as your move through the program.
You will do one pantry shop before your start the program to get the staples (olive oil, vinegar, etc) that are used in the recipes for the 60 Days. That typically costs about $300.
Then, once your kitchen is set up, we estimate the cost of the produce to be about $100 and $120 per week. Costs will vary according to how you customize the meal plans, and how many recipes you make.
If you choose to supplement the plant-based recipes with high quality animal protein, your grocery bill may be higher (although, you will not be consuming as many nuts and seeds).
While we recommend organic and high quality ingredients for your health, we understand this is not always possible due to availability and budget. A prudent approach is to use the Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen™ list as a guide for the produce that is best to consume organic.
Not likely. This is not a starvation diet, it is a celebration of food, flavor, and abundance.
You will be eating three to five times each day (breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner.) In addition to this, the portions on the meal plan are deliberately generous to accommodate even the most voracious appetites.
Having said that, everybody is different, and should you feel hungry, we have provided delicious snack recipes as well as list of recommended snacks.
Yes, and you control your protein intake using our protein boosters once you determine your needs with our Protein Evaluation. The core recipes are high in plant-based protein, and then you have the choice to supplement the recipes with high quality animal protein from our approved list and/or additional plant protein.
We do not recommend consuming animal-based or plant-based protein powder while on the program. We are not consuming dairy (whey), and most plant-based powders are pea, rice, or soy isolates. As we’re using food combining as one of the core strategies in the program, protein powders do not comply with the criteria. You will be getting plenty of high quality protein from whole food sources with our recipes.
The recipes are free from milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts, wheat, and soy. However, other nuts and all seeds are used extensively, as is avocado. If you have allergies to these foods, the program is not suitable for you at this time.
While most of the FODMAP foods are not included on the program, we have used vegetables on the no list extensively such as: onions, garlic, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, leeks, celery, Brussels sprouts, and mushrooms. So, if you are following FODMAP guidelines, the program is not suitable for you at this time.
Yes! Our 60-Day Reset is a flexible program that you can follow while living your regular life with family and friends.
Sticking to the meal plans will help you get the best results. But, working, socializing, and traveling is a normal part of life. And, some days, we all just don't feel like cooking!
You can eat out, go to parties, and travel on the program. Our Eating Out and Travel Guide make choosing meals easy!
Yes! Caffeine can aid weight loss and fat burning when consumed at appropriate times for your activity levels and workout schedule.
If you do consume caffeine, we recommend consuming it in moderation in the morning or afternoon, not in the evening, to support quality rest and sleep.
Our daily routine guidelines can help you learn more about making caffeine work for you during the program.
This is the Skinny60®, not the Dry60.
A glass of alcohol here and there on the "Your Choice" days (Saturdays and Sundays) will not impede your progress, when consumed in moderation.
However, you will get the best results if you refrain from consuming alcohol during the program, particularly wine and other alcohol that is higher in sugar.
Even though this is a clean eating program and is not an extreme approach, we recommend that you make an appointment with your doctor or healthcare practitioner who is familiar with your medical history to determine whether the Skinny60® program is suitable for you.
We also recommend reviewing your current medications and supplements with your practitioner to determine whether our recommended supplements (multivitamin, digestive enzymes, glutamine, magnesium, and probiotics) are right for you.
If you choose not to see your practitioner, you will need to sign a waiver.
It depends on what the condition is and what the circumstances are. Please consult with your doctor or practitioner to get approval to participate in the Skinny60® program, and reach out to us with any questions.
No, we do not recommend pregnant and nursing mothers participate in the program.
We recommend five supplements for the best results during the program:
- Multivitamin: The Skinny60® meal plans (with or without animal protein) are nutritionally balanced, and developed in consultation with registered dietitians. However, we cannot control how closely you adhere to the menu or what you exclude from it or substitute in it. We also don’t know enough about your medical history, state of health, environment, and nutrient levels upon entering the program. Therefore, to ensure that you get all of the required nutrients for better health and digestion, and to give you the best possible chance of success with your weight loss goals, we recommend taking a multivitamin supplement (containing iodine) every day during the program. Consult with your doctor or practitioner to determine the most suitable option. See our Shop for general recommendations.
- Digestive Enzymes: To aid the digestive tuneup in Phase 1 (first 30 days) of the program. Enzyme supplements will also help you digest the fiber-rich produce, as well as the raw nuts and seeds contained in the recipes, particularly if you’re not used to consuming them.
- Glutamine: This also helps with the digestive tuneup in Phase 1.
- Magnesium Citrate: We recommend this before bed to aid rest and sleep and help promote healthy stress responses (fight or flight).
- Probiotic: We recommend this once per day to improve your gut health. This is optional as the meal plan includes probiotic-promoting foods.
Note: Our recommended supplements should only be taken in consultation with your doctor or healthcare practitioner when you have your consult prior to beginning the program. He/She will help you evaluate these supplements with your health status and any other supplements and/or medications you may be taking.
Are you following the plan and portions? Are you meeting your protein goals? Is your digestion working better? How is your sleep and stress? We have had very few people not lose weight on the program. Your lack of weight loss could be due to a variety of health issues. Please reach out to us, and consult with your doctor or healthcare practitioner.
It is common to develop some detox symptoms when embarking on a new protocol, and changing the way that you eat.
Depending on your level of health before starting the program, you may experience some detox symptoms during the first two weeks as you tune up your digestion.
Common symptoms include: grumbly stomach, loose stools, headaches, nasal congestion, mood swings, and sleeplessness. These symptoms typically clear up quite quickly.
Please reach out to us using the contact form with details, and consult with your doctor or healthcare practitioner.
You will get the best results with your weight-loss agenda if you move and exercise as much as possible every day.
Develop your exercise protocol based on your level of comfort and ability in consultation with your doctor or healthcare practitioner. We do not provide a formal exercise routine.
Yes. The program does not interfere with any exercise routine you currently have. Do what feels right for you.
You may consider altering your workout routine when we begin intermittent fasting in Phase 2 (second 30 days) of the program.
We are focussed on wellness as part of weight loss. So, we will not be obsessively getting on the scale and recording our weight every day.
You will weigh yourself every Tuesday morning, and note it in the journal to track your progress and overall weight loss.